Re: networkmanager can not enable wireless scanning

On 09/27/2013 02:31 AM, LovelyLich wrote:
Hi Larry,
From your information , and I have googled this bug
report:https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/938630,
and I have tried `rmmod acer-wmi`, the nm's "enable wireless" button
now is not unchecked again( great !), but nm still cannot scan for
wireless ssid. sadly :(

At least there is progress. You may need to blacklist acer-wmi to keep it from ever loading.

Please run the commands

sudo iw dev wlan0 scan trigger
sudo iw dev wlan0 scan dump

What is the result? That will test manual scanning.

Larry