Re: Query regarding changing (spoofing) MAC address in RHEL 6

Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit gmail com> writes:

We are trying to change the MAC-address on a RHEL6 machine, and have tried
the various RHEL6-specific steps (available on the internet) to do the same.
The end result is that we are able to change the MAC address, but
thereafter, all incoming and outgoing network packets are dropped.

If we revert the MAC address to the "original" one, all incoming/outcoming
packets navigate fine.

This sounds like it could be a driver bug.  Which driver?

Keeping aside any moral constraints :P, is it possible at all to "spoof" a
MAC address on RHEL6?

Changing the MAC address should be possible on Ethernet.  Or you can't
run DECnet ;-)

But you didn't even tell us if this was an ethernet interface....

Bjørn