Re: MM 0.6.0 conflicts with USB GPS device?

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 21:56 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
On 2013-05-31 13:53, Dan Williams wrote:
When you say "again and again", what do you mean?  ModemManager sends a
sequence of AT commands like AT+GCAP, ATI, etc, then moves on to binary
QCDM commands, and if all of these fail, it will stop and leave the
device alone.  That can take 10 or so seconds though.

If I'm not mistaken, the whole process loops, i.e. the AT commands are
send to device in an interval (of maybe 10s). I can't check right now,
because I'm not in the office anymore, but I'm pretty sure.

Is there maybe a condition under which MM would continue this way?

Perhaps MM is crashing and then respawning, then restarting the probing
process?  There was a bug like that which was fixed in git in late 2012,
perhaps your distro didn't pick up that specific fix?  In any case, I
just tagged and uploaded MM 0.6.2 which shouldn't have that bug anymore.