Re: i probably broke your build tree

On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 16:00 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 16:17 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:

Anyway, if you can't get it to build after this, a "git clean -dfx"
would probably help (note that that will delete every non-git backed
file in your checkout, so don't do that if you have random files with
notes or build scripts or whatever in your tree).

Yeah, let me emphasize this; I keep stuff in my build tree so I never
use -dfx otherwise I'd blow it away.  Be really, really careful with
-dfx.

If you have a good .gitignore file, then git clean -fdX ("X" not "x")
is, IMO, a much nicer command.

That deletes only files which match .gitignore... which is usually what
you want to clean all build products if your .gitignore is set up
properly (that is, after a full build if you run "git status" and it
doesn't show any untracked files).

I alias it so I'm less likely to fat-finger something :-).