Re: i probably broke your build tree

On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 17:12 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 16:00 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 16:17 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:

Anyway, if you can't get it to build after this, a "git clean -dfx"
would probably help (note that that will delete every non-git backed
file in your checkout, so don't do that if you have random files with
notes or build scripts or whatever in your tree).

Yeah, let me emphasize this; I keep stuff in my build tree so I never
use -dfx otherwise I'd blow it away.  Be really, really careful with
-dfx.

If you have a good .gitignore file, then git clean -fdX ("X" not "x")
is, IMO, a much nicer command.

That deletes only files which match .gitignore... which is usually what
you want to clean all build products if your .gitignore is set up

Ah, actually that I did not know.  WHich means all my *.patch files
would be preserved, which is great.