Re: NetworkManager drops the IP on em1 when ppp0 comes up

On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 15:08 +0100, PH wrote:
Hi,

Running:

Fedora 18

NetworkManager 0.9.8.1

My DSL Modem is connected to Ethernet em1.

em1 has a static IP 192.168.1.254

When NetworkManager brings up ppp0 it removes the IP on em1.

ipconfig lists the interface em1 with no IP.

How can I get em1 to keep its static IP when ppp0 is brought up.

At the moment, NM can't do this; it's an old bug and NM should allow
both a local address and the PPPoE address but that must be fixed.

In the mean time, you could create a NetworkManager dispatcher script
that adds the static IP address by running something like "ifconfig em1
192.168.1.254/24" to em1 whenever the PPP connection is brought up;
check out 'man NetworkManager' and the dispatcher examples here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/dispatcher