AW: pppd gets no IP during dial-in with Sierra MC7710 qmi

Marius Kotsbak <marius kotsbak com> writes:
Den 08. mars 2013 14:59, skrev Bjørn Mork:
Marius Kotsbak <marius kotsbak com> writes:
Den 08. mars 2013 13:07, skrev Bjørn Mork:
Or does it working just with the QMI-WWAN driver via the
/dev/cdc-wdm
file? To make the libqmi useable makes a lot of work since I need
some other libs as prerequisite for this. At this moment they are
not included in the buildroot-project.
The MC7710 is fully usable with PPP so you don't need QMI if you
can live with the speed penalty.

My experience is that it does not work with just AT commands when it
is in QMI mode, so I would instead look into libqmi.

PPP works fine in QMI mode. AT!SCACT etc does not.

I refer to usage of Network-/Modem manager. It might be that they use
some features not available in QMI mode.

Ah, right, I should check the context before replying :)

Bjørn

Now you lost me :(
Should pppd with AT-commands can connect with this modem and firmware or can't it?

If it can't work:
Do I need definitively libqmi or must the gobi-lib work too?

I know the network-manager from my Debian-desktop-PC. But at this embedded system I have no X-server. Is it
working too? Or do I have to analyze the source to develop my own programm?

Another question: Is it important for dialin-procedure if I have an access-point with LTE or UMTS? Or does it
no matter? - except speed of course ;)

Speed is the second goal. The first goal is to get it working. At this moment we use the AT91Sam9G20 which
have just USB 1.1. The plan is to upgrade later to the ~G25 with USB 2.0. Only then a faster solution is
needed, but then we have more time.

Andreas Schigold