Re: ModemManager serial port lock-files

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 18:30 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
On 06/07/2013 03:43 PM, Dmitry Ivanyushin wrote:
I am working with git version of MM and Ubuntu 12.04.

I have three different physical serial (RS232) ports and they are not
USB-to-serial. Now MM probes all of them. I want MM to automatically
detect the port the modem is connected to but there're another devices
controlled by another daemon.

Most likely you'll need to include the check of "pnp" subsystem also
when looking for the "ID_MM_PLATFORM_DRIVER_PROBE" udev tag. Your
problem seems to be that the RS232 ports are not listed within the
'platform' subsystem, and teerefore the check for the
ID_MM_PLATFORM_DRIVER_PROBE-based whitelist is not being done.

I now wonder if this 'pnp' subsystem can be considered fully equivalent
to the 'platform' one for our purposes.

Yes, PNP is basically equivalent to platform for us here.