Re: Problems with Sierra LTE MC7710 Device

Harald Jung <support ecos de> writes:

> dmesg output:
>
> usb 1-1.5: new high-speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
> usb 1-1.5: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 8 but max is 3
> usb 1-1.5: config 1 has no interface number 1
> usb 1-1.5: config 2 has an invalid interface number: 12 but max is 1
> usb 1-1.5: config 2 has an invalid interface number: 13 but max is 1
> usb 1-1.5: config 2 has an invalid interface number: 13 but max is 1
> usb 1-1.5: config 2 has no interface number 0
> usb 1-1.5: config 2 has no interface number 1

Sorry, I was so excited (yes, I'm a geek for sure) about the MBIM
firmware that I completely missed this.  Looks like all you need to do
to make this firmware appear as a supported qmi_wwan device is switching
to configuration #1.  Could you try doing

 echo 1 >/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.5/bConfigurationValue

and see if the card isn't detected?

And please send me the full lsusb -v output.  I'd like to see which
interfaces are available in both configurations.  Thanks.

Bjørn