Re: dhclient: avoiding hostname disclosure via DHCP request

Op 2013-12-23 om 15:59 schreef Robert Horovitz:
Hi,

I'm a Fedora user and I asked this question before on the fedora-users
mailing list [1], but since I didn't get any response I wanted to ask
here - on a more specific mailing list - again.

Is it possible to configure networkmanager in a way that instructs
dhclient to not send the hostname in DHCP requests to the DHCP server
(option 12)?

I tried to manually modify
/var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-em1.conf

to remove the "send host-name" line, but that was not of much use since
networkmanager replaced the file anyway.

thanks in advance,
Robert

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/443404.html

Mark in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf 'send host-name' as comment.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven