udev for usb modem with DEVTYPE wwan

Hi,

I'm developing mm-plugin for new modem device.

In the latest network-manager, "link_get" function checks for hash
lookup of udev_devices whereas "udev_device_added" function does not
insert it to the hash if it is a modem with the property
DEVTYPE==wwan. Therefore, when connecting to the network, it fails to
bring_up the network interface.

Is this intended behavior? I am not sure how other wwan type modems
work, and I would really appreciate any advises as I do not have other
modem devices to refer to.
Should I take care of this somehow from my mm-plugin & kernel driver?

Thanks.
Won.