controlling wireless connections

I recently moved into a new development and pretty much each and every home in this development has a WIFI network. While most of these network are secure a few of them are not but require some kind of handshake to establish "guest" access. These "guest access" WIFI networks are a pain because my Fedora 18 client systems (running Network Manager) will sometimes attempt to use one of these network rather then my secure WIFI network.

Is there some way to "blacklist" WIFI network not to be used? Or, to reverse that question, is there some way of specifying that only networks with a specific SSID should be used?

If this capability does not currently exist, should it be implemented?

Gene