[HELP] Modem manager can't acquire service name

Hi,
When I run modem manager v1.0.0 with command "ModemManager --debug", it always shut down after plugins loaded. The log shows "Could not acquire the 'org.freedesktop.ModemManager1' service name".
I already stopped network-manager service, and uninstall the modem-manager which packaged in Ubuntu 13.04. No modem-manager is running at that time.
Is there anything wrong with my running steps of MM or need to fix some OS setting?