Delay NetworManager from disabling ethernet port.

Hi - I'm using redhat 6, and when we reboot a network switch that a redhat
computer is connected to, NetworkManager seems to very quickly detect the
loss of the network, and deactivates the port.  Is there a way to delay
the deactivation, in case the network disconnection is brief?  I've
confirmed, by not using NetworkManager, that NFS disks can recover from a
brief disconnect, so that adding a delay before deactivating the port,
would be very useful.  Thanks very much. - Mark