Re: NM Without UI

Sorry Pantelis,
Actually I can not see the 'Reply' button in the following link,

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2012-September/msg00115.html

So I shoot email to your email ids,

Could you please point me a link(thread) where I can reply instantly or I think just I  have shoot email to networkmanager-list gnome org ?

Please let me know

Regards
Sanjay

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Pantelis Koukousoulas <pktoss gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Sanjay Pallikera <sanjay ridgerun com> wrote:
> Hi Pantelis,
>
> I hope 'nmcli' uses Dbus, because I want NM (without UI) with DBus strictly
> for my project.

Please don't send personal emails, send to the list instead.

All 3 solutions that Thomas mentioned use DBus to communicate with NM.

Just in the first case you would speak dbus directly, in the second case you
would speak dbus transparently through the libnm-glib library (e.g., by writing
a C or python program) and in the third case you would use nmcli from the shell.

It is your choice which one works better for your project.

Cheers,
Pantelis

--
Sanjay.P