Re: is a connection bind to a device?

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 09:39 +0800, yilang Long wrote:
> Hi,everyone.
> When I have two 802-3-ethernet devices, is the connection
> object(settings.connection) bind to one of the devices?I didn't find
> any property for NMDevice to get his connections ,also for
> settings.connection, no property indicates his device in the dbus
> specification. so then can i switch a wired connection to a different
> wired device? If permits to do that, how can I do?

To bind/lock a connection to a specific device, you need to add the
device's MAC address to the 'mac-address' setting in either the
'802-11-wireless' or '802-3-ethernet' settings, whichever is appropriate
for your device.  If the connection is not locked to a specific device,
it is available for activation on any device.

Dan