Re: Default Gateway option

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 11:02 -0400, Jérôme Poulin wrote:
> When setting a manual IP on a connection, the way the dialog box is
> made, Network Manager allows a user to enter one gateway by IP,
> however, in a logicial ways, a gateway should be system-wide or at
> least connection-wide, not address specific.

Gateways are (for the most part) subnet specific.  They do not need to
be, but that covers 90% of the use-cases.  We've been discussing
changing this recently to allow more complicated routing arrangements,
but these wouldn't be relevant for most users.

> As there is possibility to enter multiple gateway, if one enter
> 192.168.1.100/24 gw 0.0.0.0 then add 192.168.2.101/24 gw 192.168.2.1,
> the user will get no gateway. And if the user does not enter any
> gatway, the save button is grayed out without any indication why.
> I don't know if there were any bug report concerning this issue of if
> there's a reason about it?

It appears the editor has a bug here.  I was able to get the Save button
to be enabled, but not consistently.  This configuration is valid.