Re: racoon?

Hi,

Pavel Simerda <psimerda redhat com> writes:

> The Racoon software is fairly obsolete and abandoned. I admit it can serve
> your purpose but it is not really worth any new work. There is Strongswan,
> Racoon2 (a separate project) or, maybem, Openswan. AFAIK only Strongswan
> and Openswan have some support for NetworkManager. I'm curious about any
> new information you might have.

It may be old but it is neither obsolete nor abandoned.  There is still
work being done on ipsec-tools, but you are right that it's generally a
pretty stable platform so there are not many releases needed anymore.
But it is not abandoned.

> Cheers,
>
> Pavel

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available