Re: Can't change "Power Management" using NM

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 11:26 -0300, Felipe Lema wrote:
> Hi, everybody
>
> Using opensuse 12.2, I can't get my laptop to boot to xfce desktop
> with Power Management off on device wlan0 (wireless).

This is typically an driver bug and should probably be fixed there.
What wifi hardware do you have?

For the time being though, you could set power management independently
of NetworkManager via rc.local or something like that.

802.11 PM should ususally be invisible to the user because the computer
should be automatically adjusting it as necessary to provide the best
power control and performance.  That's where we want to be.

Dan