Re: Correspondent to "nm-applet" in Fedora-17 ?

On Ter, 2012-11-06 at 23:00 +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Sérgio Basto <sergio serjux com>
> wrote:
>         On Ter, 2012-11-06 at 22:00 +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
>         > Hi all.
>         >
>         > What is the correspondent to nm-applet in Fedora-17?
>         > When i do, "sudo killall nm-applet" in Fedora-17, there is
>         still the
>         > nm-applet frontend in Gnome, through which connections can
>         be
>         > added/edited/removed.
>         >
>         > Will be grateful for any pointers :)
>

>         systemctl stop NetworkManager.service ?
>
> Thanks Sergio for the reply.
>
> I tried it, and the frontend-icon disappeared for a while; but it
> re-appeared (presumably because of the service re-starting by itself).

See if has started with systemctl status NetworkManager.service

> I can try to look into "persisting" the stoppage of the service; but I
> wish to clear myself on something else too :)

with nm-applet right-click on icon you can disable networking (have a
check button for that)

> As far as I know, on Fedora-14, the backend service and the frontend
> nm-applet were decoupled; doing "sudo killall nm-applet" permanently
> stopped nm-applet.
> So, has there been any architectural changes in this regard?
>
> Again, some clearance on this would be highly appreciated :-)

I remember something like NetworkManager starts nm-applet if it is
available of course , I personally  use kde with nm-applet , and remove
all packages knetworkmanagement (which now seems that have the name
kde-plasma-networkmanagement )

--
Sérgio M. B.