Re: ifcfg-rh and wpa_supplicant

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 18:31 +0200, Oncaphillis wrote:
> On 05/21/2012 05:42 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> > That device is driven by the ath9k driver, which is one of the
> > better-supported mac80211 chipsets, so it should certainly work with
> > nl80211.  If it's not working, then we need to get some supplicant and
> > kernel debugging information to see what's wrong in the driver.  What
> > kernel version do you have?
> >
> > Dan
> >
>   Right now I've switched back to a fedora 13 with a self compiled
> kernel 3.2.13. The wpa_supplicant gets started by /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant
> abd definitely uses the -Dwext option.
>
>   The target I'm aiming for is Fedora16 with kernel 3.3.5-2 but I
> currently can't use it
> since wifi does not work

Right, so we need to figure out why wifi isn't working on F16.  It
should work, and it should work well with nl80211.  WEXT is deprecated
and will be removed from upstream kernels in the future.  ath9k is
actively developed upstream and any issues are usually fixed pretty
quickly.

Are there any interesting messages in 'dmesg' output for your wifi card?
Is your access point 802.11n-enabled?  Is it using 40MHz wide channels?