Re: Iridium modem not detected when already connected and MM starts

the Iridium Modem is not detected (latest git version from 06 branch)
when the modem is already connected and MM starts. This can happen
because the modem has an external power supply so the OS can restart but
the modem is still connected.
Is it possible to detect the state and disconnect the modem before we do
anything else?

Humm :-/

So flashing the port when MM starts doesn't help to get it disconnected it seems. Doesn't the modem get disconnected when the OS performs the restart (i.e. when MM gets shutdown)?

Could you post debug logs of MM during the probing phase? I'm assuming that the AT+GCAP sent during probing won't even get the reply, so the modem won't even be detected after the reboot.

Just wondering, what if the PC gets shutdown? The modem will still be connected in that case, and MM won't be able to do anything there. Maybe the proper way to handle this is to ensure the external modem gets rebooted when the host gets rebooted, and shutdown when the host gets shutdown. Is that a possibility you can handle?

--
Aleksander