Re: USB gadget support?

On 03/01/2012 09:47 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 17:58 -0800, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
I have F16 here (NM 0.9.2) with a Beagleboard doing USB gadget
networking, and NM seems to be treating the wired and USB connections as
the same thing. After booting the Beagleboard, I get two "Wired" items
in the NM connection list, but they are sharing a single configuration.
This is a problem because I need to share my host's ethernet in order to
give the Beagleboard connectivity -- definitely not the same configuration.
When I click the "+" button for a new configuration, my only option is VPN.

I'm sure I had this working in F14 or F15, but I can't remember how. Am
I missing something simple? Thanks!
[...]
Anyway, if you can get stable MAC addresses, then lock the connections
in nm-connection-editor to the MAC address of the interface and it
should work exactly as you expect.  Let me know how it goes.
Ah ha... nm-connection-editor is the app I remember. I guess the NM applet in Gnome 3 has regressed from Gnome 2, and that's the only way I knew to configure this stuff.

Thanks for the hint; I should be good now. :)

Hollis Blanchard
Mentor Graphics, Embedded Systems Division