Re: Repeated prompts for passphrase keys - feature or a bug?

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 12:31 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit gmail com> writes:
>
> > Whenever a wifi AP goes out of range, we see the popup (repeatedly at
> > regular intervals), asking for the passphrase key(s).
> > This is observed on F17 (and F14 as well).
> >
> > I was just wondering: is this a feature, or a bug?
>
> From the user perspective, it's certainly a bug. Whether we can do
> anything about it depends on how much we know about the failure
> mode. AFAIK there are some cases where "the credentials have changed"
> and "something else has gone wrong" (e.g. interference) are
> indistinguishable.

Basically, it's really hard to distinguish right now because we don't
have enough information from the supplicant about what the problem was.
But in reality we should just not ask unless there's no existing
password; and when something fails, the UI is responsible for notifying
the user that it failed and that the password may be wrong, so they can
go change it in the control panel and try again.

Dan