Re: AP Mode Support?

2012/6/5 Sérgio Basto <sergio serjux com>
On Ter, 2012-06-05 at 12:00 -0300, José Queiroz wrote:
> Yeah, thats the point. Hope this will get available to other systems
> soon.

but this depends on drives , for example mine iwlwifi (Intel wireless
something) doesn't have AP mode (with kernel 3.3.7) , so I can't enable
it.

Neither mine... iwlagn. Probably I'll buy an usb wifi adapter with a suitable chipset (seems that atheros and broadcom will do the trick).

you may try hostapd
rpm -q hostapd
hostapd-0.7.3-5.fc17.x86_64
http://w1.fi/hostapd
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/hostapd

I'm using Kubuntu [10.04] right now; it seems to have hostapd on the repositories. But all the tutorials to install/configure it seem to instruct disabling NM, I don't want to do it. I want to keep NM working, so it's easier to share a 3G connection to wifi enabled devices.