Re: Icera based ZTE modems should use DHCP configuration

On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 22:53 +0400, Alexander Orlov wrote:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> ModemManager uses MM_MODEM_IP_METHOD_STATIC property for all ZTE
> Icera-based devices. But it should use DHCP for some of them:
> - MF192+, which I have;
> - MF192 (http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?t=889);
> - MF591 (http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?t=932);
> And may be more. All these devices works after invoking "sudo dhclient
> usb0" after connection with NetworkManager.
>
> May be there should be implemented some udev property to handle this
> (much like it is done for ID_MM_ZTE_PORT_TYPE_AUX)? Or there should be
> another solution. Anyway, I could help you with this.

Do these devices work with the Icera AT commands that retrieve the
static IP addressing details?  I don't think it makes a ton of
difference whether we use static or DHCP on these devices, with the
possible exception of IPv6 support later on.  Ideally, we can autodetect
which devices want DHCP via AT commands or such.  Is that possible?