Re: Network-manager and VLAN

On 07/26/2012 10:18 PM, Neuer User wrote:
Hello

Could someone please post a working "keyfile" configuration for a VLAN
device?

I am trying to have network manager manage also my VLAN connections. As
there is no GUI support by nm-applet so far, I am stuck.

I am using Ubuntu, so I cannot take rhel configuration files. The
Ubuntu/Debian ifupdown plugin seems to lack vlan support. So the only
way to have network manager recognize and manage my VLANs should them be
by directly creating a corresponding keyfile in system-connections.

I am grateful for any help.

Michael
1 verify that you use ifcfg-rh plugin
cat /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
[main]
plugins=ifcfg-rh

2 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-vlan43

VLAN=yes
TYPE=Vlan
DEVICE=eth9.43
PHYSDEV=eth9

ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.43.149
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

hth

thanks
Weipin gPan
P.S.: Already asked on the ubuntu bugtracker. People over there are very
helpful but lack deep internal knowledge about network manager. (see
here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1029273?comments=all)

P.P.S.: Version is 0.9.4, so should include VLAN support according to
release notes.