Re: ZTE MF192 3G Modems

On Mon, 23/07/2012 at 21:37 +0300, Brian Gitonga Marete wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Brian Gitonga Marete
> <marete toshnix com> wrote:

> >> Hello, Brian!
> >>
> >> My modem has two modes: one with pseudo-ethernet, and the second without
> >> it. I think, this config for usb_modeswitch should work for you:
> >>
> >> ########################################################
> >> # ZTE MF192 (PPP and pseudo-ethernet interfaces)
> >>
> >> DefaultVendor= 0x19d2
> >> DefaultProduct=0x1517
> >>
> >> MessageContent="555342430800498200000000000010FF000000000000000000000000000000"
> >>

> >> Can you try it, and let me know, if it works?
>
> Hello Alexander,
>
> It works to switch the device to 19d2:1519, BUT produces no
> pseudo-ethernet device. Just the /dev/ttyACM[0-2] devices.
>
> This is on kernel 3.5.0-rc6.
>
> I am happy to try any other suggestion or debugging/testing procedures.

That is strange. Could you please post dmesg output, the lines produced
after plugging in your modem?

Anyway, if there is no pseudo-ethrenet port, the latest ModemManager
from git should help you, as Aleksander Morgado said.

P.S. In my modem I was able to turn off CD-ROM emulation, by giving it
the command "AT%USBMODEM=0" in minicom. Thus, there is no need to use
usb_modeswitch.

--
Alexander Orlov