RE: How to generate "Auto eth0" from command line ?

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for the "uuidgen".

Regarding no "Auto eth0" initially,
my task is to make it work in embedded board, so there's no GUI.

step 1: I tried from scratch, no "Auto eth0", it's in DHCP mode, it works.
Then from GUI i set it to static ip. It generates "auto eth0". I keep this file in another place call it "mycfg.static".
Then move back to DHCP from GUI, then remove the /etc/NetworkManager/Auto eth0.

step 2: After reboot, the system is in a fresh new state, no "Auto eth0".
copy "mycfg.static" to /etc/NetworkManager/Auto eth0.

step 3: from "network configurations" i saw 2 interfaces, somehow it takes a default somewhere again.

So my question is, can i switch from dhcp to static without GUI, as this is our requirement ?

Thanks very much !