Re: What happens if there are two interfaces?

Pavel Simerda wrote:

>> It seems to figure out that when I plug it in it's better to use the
>> wired connection but I'm never sure.
>>
>> How does it decide?
>
> Currently it's based on interface type, AFAIK.

What does this mean?
Are you saying that ethernet is given preference over WiFi?

>> And how can I know which one is being used?

> Looking at the routing table should be enough (ip route),

How?
"ip route" just tells me both interfaces are up,
not which one is being used.
Even "ifconfig", which gives the number of packets
passing through each interface,
is not completely conclusive.

> NM's D-Bus

How concretely does one use this?

> interface and other tools could be useful too.

Which other tools?