Re: What happens if there are two interfaces?

> From: "Joseph Areeda" <newsreply areeda com>
> I've been curious about this for a while.
>
> The situation I find that occurs often is my laptop, which usually
> uses
> only the wireless connection.
> It seems to figure out that when I plug it in it's better to use the
> wired connection but I'm never sure.
>
> How does it decide?

Currently it's based on interface type, AFAIK.

> And how can I know which one is being used?

Looking at the routing table should be enough (ip route), NM's D-Bus interface and other tools could be useful too.

jklimes: This might be a suggestion for nmcli, the user needs to know which connections/devices are connected and which one is the default route one.

Cheers,

Pavel