Re: Sierra C885 nightmares

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander lanedo com> writes:

> Not sure if I should try to update the firmware of the modem, or
> directly re-sell it :-). My current firmware revision is:
> 'J1_0_1_6AP C:/WS/FW/J1_0_1_6AP/MSM7200A/SRC/AMSS 2008/07/09 07:52:58'

I would have upgraded it unless you have specific reasons for using this
old firmware.  Unexpected resets are surely a sign of firmware bugs, and
not really something you can expect to work around on your side?

J1.0.1.33ap seems to be the version Sierra ended up with for this modem:
http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/Support/Downloads/AirCard/Legacy_Products/Compass_885.aspx

But I am not convinced you should put modems into low power mode by
default.  Is this commonly done by Windows modem management software?
If not, then it is likely to hit lots of firmware bugs. Power management
is always tricky.

Bjørn