Re: current state of Pantech 290 support?

On Aug 29, 2012 1:48 PM, "Shawn J. Goff" <shawn7400 gmail com> wrote:

> I have a Pantech 290 that I'm determined to get working with the
> qmi_wwan driver. I have the module, and it creates a wwan interface
> when the modem is plugged in; now I'm looking at ModemManager. I
> started compiling the qmi-support branch, but it looks like I'll have
> to go get some dependencies.

You need to download libqmi git repo and build/install it first.

>Before I start down that path, I'm
> wondering MM can actually connect using the 290, and if it can't, is
> there a well-defined list of things that need to get done to make it
> happen?

Maybe nobody have tried it yet. It would be useful to get the test results to see it there are missing parts.

Also, even though I had success using mmcli to connect semimaually, it might be easier/better to connect using libqmi support scripts.

Are you able to connect to the internet using PPP or some network interface (wwanX)?

--
Marius