RE: PATCH: Auto-Enable WWAN after PIN entry

On Jul 31, 2012 10:03 AM, <richter ecos de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > Looking at the patched code, the most likely cause I think is that I have
> > disabled PIN check at the SIM card and then the patch code that hooks into
> > the PIN dialog is never executed.
>
> [[GR]] That's right.  As far as I see nm-applet will not get noticed when there is no PIN required, so I don't see a chance to handle this case here. This could of cause be solved, if we moved the code to network and modem manger, as you and Dan already suggested.

There is a script here that solves both the enabling and reconnection of the modem:

http://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/how-auto-connect-ubuntu-1204-gsm-mobile-broadband-connection-on-boot-startup-service#version2

And since it only uses nmcli it seems like this is possible to solve without any modification of the applet or the api? Or does it not work if the modem requires a PIN?

--
Marius