Re: OpenVPN Auto-connect

Hi Jirka,

Quoting Jirka Klimes (2012-07-25 16:30:46)
> In the meantime you could use a dispatcher script that will connect you to VPN
> when a base (wired, wireless,...) connection activates. You can use 'nmcli con
> up id "name of yor VPN connection"' in the dispatcher script.
I tried doing that, but can’t get it to work:

When using "nmcli con up id vpn-extern" as root (and the dispatcher
scripts are started as root by default) I get "Error: Connection
activation failed: no valid VPN secrets.". I use an openconnect-based
VPN, and in syslog I see "No agents were available for this request",
because it cannot prompt root to enter anything.

When using "su michael -c /bin/sh -c 'nmcli con up id vpn-extern", I get
"Error: Connection activation failed: Not authorized to control
networking."

How can I execute this command under my normal username? I tried giving
it the appropriate DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable, but
that didn’t help either.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Michael