Re: IPv6 default routes / NM vs. kernel autoconfig

> Again IMHO, it would be preferable if NM avoided adding such a static
> default route if it isn't necessary (for example if there's an
> ambiguity of which interface should be used or if a VPN plugin wants to
> redirect the default route).

It is generally necessary unless there is just one kernel-originated default
route. But then it does not cause any harm (except the known bug).

And this will probably *not* change. The only thing I'm considering right now
is to change accept_ra_defrtr and manage the default route only in NetworkManager.

But this has the disadvantage of non-continuity acros NM starts and stops. So
this will probably not be the best way.

Cheers,

Pavel