Re: Not automatically using wep key

Russell Starr wrote:

> I have an old Acer Aspire One netbook running Linpus
> Lite (Fedora).  The Network Manager applet would always automatically
> log on to my home wireless network every time I switched on; I
> recently did some updates to the XFCE desktop and this stopped it so that
> I had to put my wep key in each time.

If nothing else works, you could try putting the WEP key
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/keys-wlan0 (if the interface is wlan0),
with a line like "KEY1=123456789A".

I'm sure this is not the approved solution though!
I'd be interested to hear the opinion of an NM expert on this "solution".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net