Re: Problem with auto connect to WLAN

Am Freitag, 30. September 2011, 07:40:39 schrieben Sie:
> On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 10:55 +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've a system config to automatically connect to a wlan. This works fine
> > for the first start of the network manager. Once the wlan isn't
> > available (the wlan router is out of range/the wlan router is not
> > active) the network manager won't connect anymore to this wlan. Neither
> > automatically nor via dbus call. Deactivating and activating the
> > connection via dbus works fine as it should be.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > NetworkManager version 0.8.x (openSUSE 11.3 default)
>
> So when the WLAN isn't available, NM will retry connecting a few times
> (as long as it's still in the scan list) and then will eventually fail
> and mark the network as "disabled", and wait for you to manually
> reconnect.  We added a feature in 0.9 to clear that tag after a few
> minutes.  It would be a bit hard to backport to 0.8.x but could be done
> if somebody had time.

Ok - then I've some more questions :)

1. Do I get an information about the disabling and can I reenable it somehow?
2. If 1. is not the case - how can I add a new connection via dbus? I
currently use a system connection from a config file but would not mind
providing the config over dbus if I would know how.
3. Where's the patch you mentioned so I can take a look on it?

Thx,
Christian