Re: Problem with auto connect to WLAN

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 10:55 +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a system config to automatically connect to a wlan. This works fine for the first start of the network manager. Once the wlan isn't available (the wlan router is out of range/the wlan router is not active) the network manager won't connect anymore to this wlan. Neither automatically nor via dbus call.
> Deactivating and activating the connection via dbus works fine as it should be.
>
> Any ideas?
> NetworkManager version 0.8.x (openSUSE 11.3 default)

So when the WLAN isn't available, NM will retry connecting a few times
(as long as it's still in the scan list) and then will eventually fail
and mark the network as "disabled", and wait for you to manually
reconnect.  We added a feature in 0.9 to clear that tag after a few
minutes.  It would be a bit hard to backport to 0.8.x but could be done
if somebody had time.