Re: Hint for using Bild-Mobil presets in networkmanager

On Tuesday 30 of August 2011 12:59:54 Stefan Abeln wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to discover that the presets for the wireless broadband connection
> for Bild-Mobil in Germany may lead to higher costs.
> If you use the predefined settings for APN access.vodafone.de your
> account will be charged by traffic usage not by time.
> I had to pay about 6,-€ for half an hour.
> Instead you should use event.vodafone.de as APN, then if you start
> surfing, you will be presented a page which lets you choose among
> different time slots.
> I would advise the maintainers of the networkmanager to put
> event.vodafone.de as default APN.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Stefan

We currently use "event.vodafone.de" for BILDmobil Speedstick.
"access.vodafone.de" is used for BILD Mobilportal. Do you have more
info/description about available plans and their usage?

This is configuration for Bild Mobil:
        <provider>
                <name>Bild Mobil</name>
                <gsm>
                        <!--
http://www.bildmobil.de/info_handyeinstellungen.html -->
                        <network-id mcc="262" mnc="02"/>
                        <apn value="access.vodafone.de">
                                <name>BILD Mobilportal</name>
                        </apn>
                        <apn value="web.vodafone.de">
                                <name>Contract</name>
                                <dns>139.7.30.125</dns>
                                <dns>139.7.30.126</dns>
                        </apn>
                        <!-- http://www.prepaid-
wiki.de/index.php5/BILDmobil_Daten-SIM -->
                        <apn value="event.vodafone.de">
                                <plan type="prepaid"/>
                                <name>BILDmobil Speedstick (Surfpakete)</name>
                        </apn>
                </gsm>
        </provider>

Jirka