Re: Persistent 3G connection fails, not sure why

Den 27. okt. 2011 14:17, skrev David Pfeffer:
Actually, that patch seems to be exactly what's needed. Can this be
patched into the main codebase?

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/75684426/nm-reconnect.patch

I haven't tested it specifically but it solves the problem that seems to
be identical to mine.
I don't see where you see that they say it didn't work well for them. It
seems like everyone was happy with it.

Yup. The people commenting on it seemed happy, but I emailed the guy directly and he didn't seem to enthusiastic about it now, but again, he was using a USB modem and not a built-in Mini PCI-e device like mine.

I personally tried applying the patch to the latest network-manager in Ubuntu a couple a days ago, but it never compiled. I'm guessing the code has changed a bit since the patch was written. (I think it was the NMDeviceType thing that didn't work.)

If this actually is what it takes, then I hope someone is willing to have a look at it and eventually push it upstream :-)

--
Alexander Karlstad