Re: nm-connection-editor working only as root

Actually, three problems remain ;-).

1. I've rebooted and reloged in several times, but I cannot save a
connection because it complaints about insufficient privileges. (I get a
pop-up message that says "Connection add failed", "Insufficient
privileges").

I have logged with kdm (or gdm) and have a local session:

ramon@Bufo:~$ ck-list-sessions
Session1:
        unix-user = '1000'
        realname = 'ramon diaz-uriarte'
        seat = 'Seat1'
        session-type = ''
        active = TRUE
        x11-display = ':0'
        x11-display-device = '/dev/tty7'
        display-device = ''
        remote-host-name = ''
        is-local = TRUE
        on-since = '2011-10-23T16:29:00.632372Z'
        login-session-id = '4294967295'

2. There is the problem of not being able to access my previously defined
connections (versions 0.8.1). They must be somewhere, but the new versions
do not seem to be able to find them.

3. Finally, connections saved using, say, gksudo nm-connection-editor are
stored under
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections

with passwords, etc, as plain text. Sure, they are only readable to root,
but ssn't this a potential problem? If I remember correctly, with previous
versions, you could only access connections (and their passwords) after
entering your password via keyring.

Best,

R.