Re: Unable to connect to internet through Mobile Broadband

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 22:05 +0530, Abhijith Madhav wrote:
> I am unable to connect to internet through my usb EVDO device after an
> upgradation of my operating system(ubuntu-11.04 to ubuntu-11.10) and
> hence the network manager(0.8.4 to 0.9.1.90) shipped with it.
>
> I can connect to the internet by using 'wvdial' from the command-line.
>
> I am attaching the logs as specified in
> http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging. Some other required
> details are as below.
>
> "
> Distribution - Ubuntu(11.10)
> $ sudo NetworkManager --version
> Failed to read classid file: Object not found
> 0.9.1.90
> $ uname -r
> 3.0.0-12-generic
> "
>
> Is this a bug? Could you please help me?

Looks like a few things at play here.  First, one of the ports spews
zeros during probing, which we should recognize and suppress.  Second,
we don't appear to find either a secondary AT port or a QCDM port that
we can use, which is necessary to figure out if the device is really
registered with the network in some cases.  What model number is printed
on the modem itself?