Unable to connect to internet through Mobile Broadband

I am unable to connect to internet through my usb EVDO device after an
upgradation of my operating system(ubuntu-11.04 to ubuntu-11.10) and
hence the network manager(0.8.4 to 0.9.1.90) shipped with it.

I can connect to the internet by using 'wvdial' from the command-line.

I am attaching the logs as specified in
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging. Some other required
details are as below.

"
Distribution - Ubuntu(11.10)
$ sudo NetworkManager --version
Failed to read classid file: Object not found
0.9.1.90
$ uname -r
3.0.0-12-generic
"

Is this a bug? Could you please help me?

-Abhijith