Re: DHCP timeout on ethernet device.

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 11:44 +0200, Jiri Popelka wrote:
> You can add
>
> timeout <value>;
>
> to /etc/dhcp/dhclient-<interface>.conf
>

> See also
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2011-September/msg00127.html

That doesn't work because NM bounds the DHCP transaction and kills it if
it runs over 45 seconds.

The better question is:  why is DHCP on that network taking so long?
I've talked about bumping the timeout to 60 seconds before, but the
point here is that if your network is taking more than 60 seconds to
respond to DHCP requests, something is *really*, *really* wrong, and
should be corrected on the network side instead of working around this
in the client.  How long is the DHCP transaction taking?

Dan