Re: Nokia 3G USB Modem CS-17 very unreliable

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 00:35 +0200, Uwe Geuder wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a Nokia 3G USB Modem CS-17. Unfortunately it works very
> unreliable under Linux. If used it with Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 LTS,
> OpenSUSE 11.3, OpenSUSE 11.4, and Windows XP.
>
> Under Linux the failure rate is some 60%-80% and retrying repeatedly
> does not help. Under XP the failure rate is some 10% and if the first
> attempt fails retrying helps.

Based on our IRC debugging yesterday, I've gone ahead and pushed a fix
to ModemManager that uses only USB interface 0 for PPP on these devices
since that's what the Windows driver indicates.  The driver didn't have
a section for your variant of the CS-17 (0x0623) but I added that USB ID
anyway.

Dan