Re: Gateway and link-local (IPv4) possible?

Why are you using link-local addresses?

2011/5/19 W. Martin Borgert <debacle debian org>
Hi,

I am connecting two machines via a link-local IP address
(169.254/16) and one machine should work as the gateway for the
other. However, the NM applet does not allow setting any routes
or gateways in the case of link-local. Is this a limitation of
the Internet Protocol, Linux, network manager, or NM applet? (Or
a limitation on my understanding of things?)

Thanks in advance!