Re: Automatic Connection not Working

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 12:55 +0100, Chris Baines wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I start my netbook, my home network does not connect
> automatically, I think this is because it is set to not broadcast. Is
> there anyway to get around this problem, and if automatic connections
> do not work for hidden networks why is the option still enabled?

NM should be storing the BSSID of the hidden network if you've ever
successfully connected to it.  Then, NM uses that to match up the hidden
scan result (the AP still shows up, just with a blank SSID) with the
real SSID.  Can you run:

iwlist wlan0 scan

when this happens to you and report the scan result for your AP?  Also,
does this connection have the "Available to all users" box checked in
nm-connection-editor?