upgrade nm-applet 0.8 to 0.8.1 on ubuntu 10.04

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu Lucid and I want to upgrade my network manager applet to 0.8.1 or 0.8.2 . This is because they says that some new features in Mobile broad band come with new release. So I want to install new version in my machine. I downloaded the source of 0.8.1 I'm not sure whether it is ok to install in without stopping current one. The install guide does not talk about that. So I need little bit help their.

Thank you
Ravinda