Re: Dual port NIC and switching

Le 20/03/2011 20:23, Braiam Peguero a écrit :

>  but you have to remember “Don't set the IP address, and
> don't let the startup scripts run DHCP on the Ethernet interfaces
> either. The IP address needs to be set after the bridge has been
> configured.” Maybe because that the bridge isn’t working right for
> you.

Yes, I find Linux bridging very confusing because it still lets you
configure the real, bridged interfaces, whereas these interfaces do
not "exist" any more at the IP level; they have been subsumed by the
top level bridge network interface of the bridge.

You need to make sure NetworkManager manages the top-level bridge
interface only and ignores the bridged interfaces.

The alternative is to forget about bridging and use the "connection
sharing" feature of NetworkManager (IPv4 NAT).  It is less flexible
but should be much easier to configure.